My Newest Venture

Posted by Joellen Armstrong Thursday, April 2, 2009 3:44 PM
So, many of you who know me well know that I am always up to something :-) Mark and I have discussed owning an online store for a long time now... I'm not sure what exactly intrigues us about it, but we always come back to wanting to have one. The last few weeks have been such a roller-coaster for me. I've been trying to balance a few different "projects", dealing with some insurance stuff, trying to get some work in for Jeanne and all on top of being a wife, mother and 4 months pregnant! It's enough to make most people at least slightly crazy! Anyway, all this to say I think I've found something I am really excited about doing. Here's my logo...


What is toddleton? Well, for starters, it's a line of leather baby shoes! That's right, I'm planning on opening an online store selling baby shoes! Many of you saw the site I posted a link to a while back that sells shoes and it just got me really thinking. I can hardly find the designs I like at the prices I like. This started when I was looking into getting a knitting machine and found some foreign suppliers... I thought "Well, I may as well look and see who's making baby shoes too!" I've been in contact with many suppliers, picking out lots of designs, designing my own shoes and comparing everything. I've got some plans in the works for pre-ordering, showing samples, marketing and all the logistics and I'm just getting more and more excited!

All of this to say, please keep me in prayer! Right now, this really feels like the right fit - for me and for our family. Ask that my plans would come to fruition only if it's what God wants me to pursue and that I would have the diligence and energy to continue in it as well. Over the next month I'll have a more solid plan of action, as well as some samples to start showing to make pre-orders available. Right now, I don't have a set timeline but I'm aiming to spend about 1 month selling pre-orders and getting the site running before I have shoes available for sale. Over the next couple weeks I'm going to post some images as well... you all better give me your opinions of the shoes once you see them... I really want to know what catches everyone else's eyes. I've been spending most of Asher's naps this week sorting this all out and it's been fun and rewarding so far! God has really been blessing my time, attitude and my efforts with Asher which has been a great confirmation for me too. I can't wait to share in all of this with you and hope that God will use this to spread his name! Thanks for all your support!

1 Response to "My Newest Venture"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Cute logo! That is so exciting! Good for you that you are so ambitious. I know that feeling of wanting to succeed at something that makes you feel good about yourself...besides being a good wife and mommy! Best of luck and we will be praying for you. Can't wait to see what you have designed!

    Tami